Among the Hidden

The Garner family had to sell their hogs and their tax bill has tripled.  How are they going to afford the new tax bill?

22 thoughts on “Among the Hidden

1. I think if mama gets a job it will be great for the family. But the bad thing is that luke will be home alone and he might forget to close a window and he might be seen. If mama does get a job a lot more money will be flowing in and they might be able to pay their bills and then they might even be able to move to another farm. But a solution is maybe locking Luke’s in his room.

2. I think that Luke will have to disguise himself and go and get a job but once he gets there he gets caught by some of the people there and then he has to escape so he won’t get killed.

3. Maybe matthew and mark can do some work around town to make money they can make like getting a job that is hiring or maybe mowing lawns or bake sales to make money to pay off the tax bill. If they can’t do that they can move to a different farm with less tax and buy more hogs and start over again until something happened

4. I think that Matthew and mark are going to get a job so they can pay for the bills and taxes.I think that they might change the law so that Luke can go outside. So that way he can help with chores so then Matthew and mark can do there jobs to get money . So then they will all have enough money to pay for everything.

5. I think that the Garner family can make more money after they lost their hogs and the taxes were raised by Matthew or Mark getting a small jobs like mowing lawns, car wash’s or anything else. Or I think they might also move to a new house where it is safer and less expensive.

6. I predict that the Garner family is going to make more money for the taxes by, Matthew and Mark getting a little bit of a job in town. In a few weeks they would earn quite a bit of money. And then they may be able to pay the taxes. Or the Garner family could sell some stuff that they do not need no more. That is what I think that they should do.

7. I think that Mark and Matthew will have to get a job. So that there is more money being made to help with taxes. Then Luke will be lonely because no one will be at the house with him. I feel like the population police might come and find Luke when nobody’s home.

8. I think the thy will fit to lore the tax bill with the government becauese they had to sell there hogs for the house. They have no money to pay a lot for stuff. The new hours are getting billeting because the tix are hie

9. I think that that they will sell the farm and move to somewhere that the land is cheaper. Because if they sell there land is worth more than it was when they got it for and then they don’t have to worry about the taxes or people seeing luke and they will be able to have hogs again and luke might be able to go outside.

10. I think that the Garner family will pay for the taxes by selling the farm stuff. They will also give away homegrown fruits and vegetables to help pay taxes. Although luke can’t go outside he can still help around the house to make it easier on the rest of the family so they can get more work done. Mr and Mrs Garner might make Mark and Matthew go to work even know they don’t have their work permit. They could sell off their land to the people moving in near them. Hopefully by the time they have done that they can pay their taxes.

11. Maybe if Matthew and mark get a Job at the store or something like in the mall. Or they might sell their horses cows. Maybe Father will work extra time at this work or. They might ask family members to help them out with money they might even sell their house if they have to to get money and move to a less cheaper house to live,.

12. I predict that the Garner family is going to maybe get Matthew and Mark to get a job to earn some money to pay for the taxes. Also, Luke’s dad might get another job so he will have 2 jobs instead of 1 to earn more money to pay for the taxes. Another way is maybe to sell old stuff that they are not using.

13. I think that Lukes parents our trying to get rid of their house and Lukes only memories.I think that his parents are getting very angry about what the government is doing to their farm land.The population policy is also making Lukes parents very angry. Ashton Jones

14. I think that Luke’s parents will work harder and longer to make more money so they can keep living there. The more you work the better a pay you will get. Maybe even a raise in your paycheck.Alex Reid

15. I think that the Garners are going to make money by having Matthew and Mark go to work.They will have to do that by getting them a work permanent.Mark and Matthew will have to go to work after school.If that doesn’t work then they might have to sell the farm.

16. The Garners could get money from helping cut wood and selling it for money. Also they could get the boys to get early jobs. Another way is the garners could get some cheaper animals like rabbit and duck. And they can expand their crops for more money. And they could sell the extra chairs for money plus it wouldn’t be suspicious anymore.

17. I think that the Garners are going to make money by having Matthew and Mark go to work.They will have to do that by getting them a work permanent.Mark and Matthew will have to go to work after school.If that doesn’t work then they might have to sell the farm.

18. I think the Garner family will make more money by getting Matthew and Mark jobs because they sold their hogs and that was their source of money.Matthew and Mark will mow lawn and offer to fix stuff.or they might get father to get a job or another job because there need the money.

19. I think the garner family will sell the pigs. Then I think dad will get a job in the town so that he can make money for the family. I also think that their two sons Matthew and Mark will get jobs in the town like to deliver news paper. Also i think mom could get a part time job like 2 days a week. Luke can just stay in the attic were no one can see him. When mom gets home mom and Luke can hangout in the attic together!

20. My opinion about the Garner family is that they had more money before so now that they have to get rid of there hogs! So I think that the two older boys should get a job like offering to help build the houses or do the lawn and they will get paid. They could also buy a house so they could have pigs and a house that Luke could go outside and not have to worry about people seeing him. And life would be better.

21. In my opinion I think that the Garner family will get money by growing corn. Also I think they will do that by selling somethings like the hogs and then they can buy corn and the equipment they need for growing the corn. Then I think that they will start to make the hogs into meat. Also then they will sell the meat and make lots of money. After they will use the rest of the hogs for other things to sell.