Among the Hidden

The Garner family just found out they have to sell the hogs.  The government is making them get rid of them because of the new houses going in behind their farm.  The family is now really worried about having enough money for their family.  How do you think the Garner family will make extra income now that they can’t rely on the pigs?

15 thoughts on “Among the Hidden

1. I think the Garner family should get money by. First the dad and the boys should try to find a job. Second they should sell their pigs and get some money until they find a job. Third they could get other animals because the government said that they can not have hogs so the Garner family could get cows or something else. That’s how i think the Garner family could get money.

2. I think the garner family will earn their money buy selling the corn at a farmers market somewhere or selling the corn to the new neighbors. Then the boys Mark and Matthew will become the newspaper boys and bring the newspapers to the neighborhood. The mom will have 2 jobs be a writer at home and make books to publish and plant some fruit and veggies and sell them at the farmers’ market as well. Then the dad will have 2 jobs too, become an engineer and help with the trucks and cars around the block and also have a job somewhere in town.

3. The Garners lost all of their money because fancy people are moving next store and they don’t want the smell of stinky hogs next door so they won’t have any money but when they did have the hogs they were making enough money to provide everyday essentials. One way the garners can make money is by helping out in the neighbourhood by mowing other people’s grass. Another thing cleaning windows and get paid for it. Their family could also get jobs in a town nearby that gets an okay income so that they can still feed their family and provide clothes. Mattew and Mark are old enough to get jobs in town and the mom could stay at home and feed Luke while the rest of the family is out working.

4. My opinion on how the Garner family can make money since the government made them sell the hogs is that Luke’s mom or dad could go get a job in town. Or mother could bake cookies and food and sell it at a market because she obviously knows how to cook. Lukes dad could also farm other people’s land so that they don’t have to and Luke’s dad already has everything you need for farming. My last idea is that Mark and Matthew could find old broken stuff that’s laying around the house and fix it up and sell it or make new more useful things that people might want. Those are all of my ideas.

5. How I think the garners could earn some money as a family is. Go to town and find well paying jobs and work there most of the time. And at the end of each day put their money together. And if they find good jobs they ́ĺl have ecleast a hundred dollars everyday. My second idea is they can get a different type of animal like a not so smelly one like a sheep or something.

6. I think Lukes family should start raiseing chickens. Because chikens are one of the best selling protiens in the world and they are yummy. chickans also breed like rabbits. Or they can raise bunnys.

7. The Garner family just found out that they have to sell their hogs. I think they will get chickens and sell the egg. They could harvest get some corn,wheat, barely. Also Matthew and mark will have to get a job in the city. Then there mom has to get a job in the city and their dad, Mark and Matthew could help work with the house is behind the house.

8. The Garner family just lost their Hogs so how do they make money. I think that they will make money by selling vegetables to the rich people that are going to move in the houses next to them. I think that they might have to get A job in the city were they can make more money. Instead of gust killing the hogs why don’t they sell them. I also think they might have to sell the farm if they cant make money and move to a cheap house.

9. In my opinion is that the Garner family will all get other jobs. Another idea is that they can grow a garden and sell food at the local market. They could get some chickens on their little land for they can lay eggs and Garner family can use some for meat so chicken. Mathew and Mark could get a job at like a corner store or mark matthew and the dad could help build some houses or some other buildings. There mom could make some cookies.

10. The Garner family lost all of there money because of the government’s new fancy houses. It will be hard to make money for a family of five but I think Mr. Garner will figure something out for food, water, shoes, etc. Mr. Garner could work with the neighbours and for other family or he could ask some other family for a loan. One of the boys could also work in town for a bit of money.

11. 1.The Garners can start to get jobs mom could get a job as a waitress. 2.Dad could be a carpenter 3.Mom could work as a teacher. 4.Dad could work as a trucker.

12. I think the garner family is going to make money by starting a business and putting the older boys to work while the mom stays with luke. They should start a painting business and paint cars and houses and things like that. They could also sell the hogs or kill them and sell the meat. They could give the hogs a needle to kill it painlessly.

13. In my opinion i think the Garners will make money by selling some of their stuff. They could sell some stuff and make money. Another way they can make money is the kill the hogs and sell for meat.they could make a lot of money selling.an other way they could make money is that they cook and sell the food that they make.

14. How do you think the Garner family will get money, now that they have to sell their hogs?

I think the dad, Mark and Matthew will go help work with the people building the new houses. I think they will do this because it could be a good paying job because the people getting houses are rich. I also think the mom will go to town and also work at a grocery store because I feel that’s something she would do. In conclusion, I think the dad, Mark and Matthew will work on construction and the mom will work in town.

15. I think that when the Gardeners will get money from the government when they come and take the hogs. And they might use that money to get the older brothers a job somewhere. Then the family can get more money to maybe buy more hogs then they can sell the hogs for more money. And buy more farmland to expand their farm. They could build a bigger house.